3.11.2007

Fort Hood so far

My job on Fort Hood has begun, and although I've not yet seen a Golden-cheeked Warbler, there has been some neat stuff to keep my attention.


I was pleased to get this 'Olive' Juniper Hairstreak (Callophrys gryneus) and a Great Purple Hairstreak (Atlides halesus) in the same shot on this Elbow bush (Forestiera pubescens).


Though not rare, these Northern Cardinals (Cardinalis cardinalis) were fun to see up close.


This flower may be some type of phlox, but I'm not sure. Either way, I think it's pretty.


This Black-crested Titmouse (Baeolophus atricristatus) was a recent lifer for me, so it was fun to get to hold one. They're very spirited.


This Striped Bark Scorpion (Centruroides vittatus) was my first wild scorpion. Good reminder that I'm in Texas.


Does this remind anyone of Lord of the Rings?

No comments: